The Lockpicking Neophyte

Rattle that keyboard a bit and say hi, introduce yourself or tell us why you're here. For new members this is your first port of call
OUTLWD
UKLS Junior Member

MHM wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:21 pm
Massive score with those two euros with the allen head grub screws - you've got two ready made, repinnable training locks right there. If you need some spools and serrated pins to stick in there, let me know and I'll post some across.
I have 3 of them now, they were readily available at Bunnings, I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw them, snapped them up straight away! :)
Ohh Challenge pins, I def would love some at some point, but think I will wait until we are settled in our new home before I look at re-pinning (setup my office/mancave :) )
“Fear is the path to the dark side…fear leads to anger…anger leads to hate…hate leads to suffering.” -Yoda (The Phantom Menace)
MHM
UKLS Team Member

I have a massive box of OEM lab security pins, just give me a yell when you need a few.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
These users thanked the author MHM for the post:
OUTLWD (Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:35 pm)
Michael Maynard.

"Work is the curse of the safecracking classes" - GravityKarma
OUTLWD
UKLS Junior Member

MHM wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:31 pm
I have a massive box of OEM lab security pins, just give me a yell when you need a few.
WOWZA!!!

Actually, that is something I really want to look at buying next, pin sets, but from what ive heard they can be hard to get when not in the locksmithing game
“Fear is the path to the dark side…fear leads to anger…anger leads to hate…hate leads to suffering.” -Yoda (The Phantom Menace)
TequilaDave
VIP Member

OUTLWD wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:37 pm
MHM wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:31 pm
WOWZA!!!

Actually, that is something I really want to look at buying next, pin sets, but from what ive heard they can be hard to get when not in the locksmithing game
Tha Sparrows Reload kit is good, especially if you get the optional pinning tweezers and have a Schlage or one of their practice locks. Add the HUK Lock Disassembly kit plus some core shims and you're good to go. You can buy additional sets of security pins on eBay sometimes too. There are quite a few places that sell practice locks you can progressively pin that include a bunch of extra security pins.
"Without a naughty bucket life would be boring!" :)