The return to locksmithing

Rattle that keyboard a bit and say hi, introduce yourself or tell us why you're here. For new members this is your first port of call
Picking padlocks
UKLS New Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:35 pm

Well good afternoon everybody I was a member of this website back in 2011/2012 with a different username which I can't entirely remember I think it was motorbiker at the time and I can't entirely remember the password either so I have set up a new profile. Back then I had trained as a locksmith half self-taught and half from free tips from my locksmith friend. I bought some tools and made a lot of my own especially bypass tools. I worked as a locksmith and as a self-employed joiner for some time before it was a problem for the family never being at home so I packed it all in and got a day job.
Selling nearly all of my tools to a guy who travelled 2 hours away from Manchester I sold my £300+ tools for £150 but I keepet my single pin pics and my homemade decoding tool as well as a couple of the locks I had worked on hand filing keys for etc.
over the years with different jobs single pin picking was useful but now where I'm working well had a lot of issues with locks which I was more than happy to step in to help out but it has also rekindled my interest I have opened electronic safes at work and recoded them I have opened key safes and combination padlocks as well as picking wafer locks and pin and tumbler. I have since bought some jiggler keys but I must say in the years I have been away from locksmithing the tools have become very expensive it was a lot cheaper back around 2011 I would like to get some Bogota picks and worm picks but they're just too pricey.
markd
Trading Locksmith
Been liked: 2 times

Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:09 pm

Welcome back. Locks have changed a lot since 2011, lots of higher security 3* locks out there now requiring dedicated picks if you are doing it professionally so if you think a Bogota is expensive then you may want to reconsider.
These users liked the author markd for the post (total 2):
Tipene (Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:25 pm) • Pickbeard 7721 (Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:31 pm)
Baldiloks
Advanced Team Member

Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:46 pm

How do :welc:

Have a read of the rules and Solomon's guide and check out lots of videos and pictures.

Ask lots of questions and enjoy.
tsiolkovsky
UKLS Team Member
Been liked: 0

Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:43 am

Wotcha and welcome.

Rik
Gazz
VIP Member
Has liked: 4 times

Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:32 pm

Hi! :welc:
KeyMOE
VIP Member
Been liked: 1 time

Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:53 pm

:s_hi: and welc back!!

Great to see anyone return to picking, I did the same after a long absence.

Anyway, you know the score, dive in, post pictures and share your stories.

KeyMOE
He who fights with ASSA’s should be careful lest he thereby become an ASSA. And if thou gaze long into a keyway, the keyway will also gaze into thee." - Keytzsche