Hello from Merseyside

Rattle that keyboard a bit and say hi, introduce yourself or tell us why you're here. For new members this is your first port of call
Chuckie
UKLS New Member
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 1 time

Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:13 pm

Hi Everyone ,
thought I'd better introduce myself and let you all know what brought me to the forum .

I first began playing with locks as a child when I couldn't get my bike out of the shed ( Dad had gone to work with the key on his bunch )
So I had my first "picking" attempt with a junior hacksaw blade ( flat side towards the pins ) and now know that I was raking the lock open.
it worked and I soon began trying every lock I could .( making some unusable in the process )

as time went on I stopped playing with locks as other things ( college , work , marriage & kids ) took their place

I'm now an estates manager looking after over 60 rental properties we recently had a tenant move ( without giving notice ) and unfortunately no working keys to the house .

A builder whom we use regularly offered to drill the lock ( I assumed he must have done this before ) - so I attended with them only to see them drilling the key-way - snapping several drill bits and still not managing to open the lock without destroying the composite door .

My childhood / adolescent memories came back and I thought - I wonder if i could have opened that .................

I have now purchased a set of picks - Dangerfield serenity I beleive and have had some success with various padlocks ( that I can replicate ).
hoping to move up to euro locks once my skills are ready

I Hope to learn a lot from this forum and look forward to contributing to discussions .

Thanks for taking the time to read this

Jeff aka Chuckie ( rugrats one , not the scary killer doll )
These users liked the author Chuckie for the post:
MaosVapes (Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:38 pm)
Gazz
VIP Member
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 2 times

Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:49 pm

Hi Chuckie :welc:

Have a good look around, read the rules and have fun. welc
Baldiloks
Advanced Team Member
Been liked: 2 times

Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:49 pm

How do :welc:

Have a read of the rules and Solomon's guide and check out lots of videos and pictures.

Ask lots of questions and enjoy.

Euros are no harder than padlocks.
KeyMOE
VIP Member

Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:35 pm

:s_hi: and :welc: Chuckie

Great to have you hear!! You’ll find a really helpful and generous bunch and some truely world class pickers!!

Ask lots of questions, post lots of pictures and generally get involved.

See you round,

KeyMOE
He who fights with ASSA’s should be careful lest he thereby become an ASSA. And if thou gaze long into a keyway, the keyway will also gaze into thee." - Keytzsche
MaosVapes
UKLS Member
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 0

Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:39 pm

welc

A bunch of good people here and great source of information.

Hope you have a good stay here and post a lot of picture :72:
I didn't pick this hobby, this hobby picked me!
Lock_Noob
UKLS Team Member

Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:35 pm

:welc: welc

Nice to meet you :) read the rules, check out some old threads and join in the fun :)

:s_hi: