New to picking and new around here

Rattle that keyboard a bit and say hi, introduce yourself or tell us why you're here. For new members this is your first port of call
starrylock
UKLS New Member
Personal Text: The new picker from Iowa
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:52 pm

Not much to say, just new around here. Been mostly picking easier Abus locks and look forward to meeting new people. While I'm from the US, I do have friends in the UK and family in Ireland.

Hello everyone
Gazz
VIP Member
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 4 times

Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:13 pm

Hi Starrylock :welc:

Have a read of the rules and a good look around. welc :06: welc

We have members from every corner of the world, everyone is welcome here. Lots of nice helpful folk and info to help you on your Locksport journey. :08: :88: :08:
Life is like a pubic hair on a toilet seat. Every once in a while, you get pissed off.
MrAnybody
Administrator
Been liked: 3 times

Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:56 pm

Welcome to the forum :victory: You've definitely found a great place to be. Plenty of great people here willing to share, bounce ideas around or help out.

By way of some orientation, best to point out some important and useful bits to get your teeth into. First, if you haven't already, have a quick read over the Forum Rules. It's always amazing how many new people never get around to that bit :laughing7: It's quick and painless. I promise :laughing7:

We've also got a heap of great tips on using the functions you'll find throughout the forum right here for you to check out.

Then the juicy stuff ..... Check out our Library and Video sections. Huge amount of great stuff there.

And have a good mooch about with the Forum Search - that will definitely throw up a whole wealth of treasures.

If you haven't already, I highly recommend having several good reads of the legendary 'Solomon's Uber-Detailed Guide'. That will help to set you up sweet on some theory, and it's great fun! Also have a read through of 'A Summary of Lockpicking - A Better Understanding of the Practice of Non-destructive Entry'. That will also clarify a heap and stir up some questions, no doubt.

And of course, feel free to rattle that keyboard, ask questions, contribute or just shoot the breeze til yer fingers bleed, if necessary. Every day is a school day here. There's always something new or something forgotten.

Look forward to seeing you around.

Enjoy, enjoy :victory:
KeyMOE
VIP Member
Been liked: 2 times

Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:39 pm

:s_hi: and welc

Great to have you here, you’ve come to the right place to continue your Lockpicking journey. So many knowledgable and generous people on here. Post lots of pictures, ask lots of questions and get involved.

See you around,

KeyMOE
He who fights with ASSA’s should be careful lest he thereby become an ASSA. And if thou gaze long into a keyway, the keyway will also gaze into thee." - Keytzsche
Baldiloks
Advanced Team Member
Been liked: 5 times

Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:58 pm

How do :welc:

Iowa looks like a nice place. :08:
Lulybelle
UKLS Junior Member
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 2 times

Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:53 pm

starrylock wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:52 pm
While I'm from the US, I do have friends in the UK and family in Ireland.

Hello everyone
Hey welcome, I live in Ireland, near Cork. Not seen any posts from anyone else in Ireland though welc :welc:
Last edited by Lulybelle on Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.