Howdy

Rattle that keyboard a bit and say hi, introduce yourself or tell us why you're here. For new members this is your first port of call
PacMandalore
UKLS Junior Member
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:21 pm

Hi! My name is "PacMandalore" and i'm an old new picker from Sweden.
Have been fiddling with lock picking on and of for many years, but in lack of info and or skills i never got past the simplest padlocks. I didn't find out about the community until recently and thought i was almost alone out there as a lawful picker, now i know better ;)
Seems like a great community and I hope to learn loads and later to find some nice locks to practice on =)
Just upgraded from my old homemade picks to a praxis set, what a difference!!
Now on to more practice..
Cheers!
/PacMandalore
Gazz
VIP Member
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 4 times

Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:28 pm

Hi PacMandalore :welc:

You've come to the right place :72: Lot's of info and nice folk here.

Have a read of the rules and a good look around. welc :06: welc
Life is like a pubic hair on a toilet seat. Every once in a while, you get pissed off.
MHM
UKLS Team Member
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 5 times

Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:31 pm

Welcome to the group mate, there are a ton of blokes on here to hang out with so jump in and post plenty. What picks have you got - post a picture on here if you can.
"This is rubbing the overdose." - Tallans
"Your devotion will be rewarded with frozen drinks and sugar coated cornflakes after the revolution." - frosty68
"Using soy sauce will destroy a lock" - JWRM

Michael Maynard.
TonyS
VIP Member
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 6 times

Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:44 pm

Hi !
Welcome to the forum :)
make sure you post loads of photos of what you are picking, and ask any questions/problems you are having. We love to help and we love to learn from other people's problems
PacMandalore
UKLS Junior Member

Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:35 pm

Thanks for the welcome =)
Here is what it looks like atm..
Havn't got any handles for the praxis set yet.. got them yesterday.. but band aids on my thumb now ;)
I will make some longer hooks now that i have the bought set and knows a bit more how they should look, although some of the old ones from feeler gauges works fine but they are already getting bent and twisted by my beginners hand of pick doom.
The three locks by the Scotch Bonnet (for size) is still undefeated. The Titalium and one of the other abuses at the top is still tricky but gives an open now and then.
Cheers!

Edit: uploaded picture to site
locks.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by PacMandalore on Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users liked the author PacMandalore for the post:
MHM (Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:34 am)
MHM
UKLS Team Member

Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:36 am

Wow, there's absolutely nothing wrong with that collection of locks, picks, and locks opened. What's the unopened silver Scandi oval? Is it one of those funky seven pin Assa knockoff things?

Easy +1 from me
"Your devotion will be rewarded with frozen drinks and sugar coated cornflakes after the revolution." - frosty68

Michael Maynard.
PacMandalore
UKLS Junior Member

Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:47 pm

The oval lock is a cheap Habo 601, 7-pin. I think habo is a part in the ASSA Abloy group. I read somewhere that the Habo and the unbranded Biltema locks actually are made in the Assa factory, but that was on some random threads here and there so im not sure.
Havn't tried to open it yet but will try as soon as i find a decent vise to put it in. =)
Cylinder_601_7_stift_Habo.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PacMandalore
UKLS Junior Member

Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:52 pm

Got some shrinking tubing (correct word?) for the 0.023 picks, feels nice in the hand. Will get some in another color for the 0.015 ones.
handtag.jpg
Probably way to difficult.. but gotta feel it out at least =)
habo.jpg
Lock_Noob
UKLS Team Member
Has liked: 0

Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:08 pm

welc :s_hi:

Nice to meet you. Looks like you are set up pretty well!

Read the rules, check out some old posts and join in on the fun :)

:welc:
KeyMOE
VIP Member
Been liked: 2 times

Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:51 pm

:s_hi: and welc @PacMandalore

Great to have you here, you’ve come to the right place to continue your Lockpicking journey. So many knowledgable and generous people on here. Post lots of pictures, ask lots of questions and get involved.

Yup shrink tubing is the right word, you’ll also hear it call heat shrink. Lovely collection of locks and I can’t believe how lucky you are to live in such a good country for locks (I love ASSA). If you’re ever interested in a trade then please let me know.

See you around,

KeyMOE
He who fights with ASSA’s should be careful lest he thereby become an ASSA. And if thou gaze long into a keyway, the keyway will also gaze into thee." - Keytzsche
CasperDK
UKLS Junior Member

Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:08 pm

Welcome to the forums.

There is a lot more lock pickers around than you actually think.

Nice collection of picks and locks .
MHM
UKLS Team Member

Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:38 am

@PacMandalore yeah, you're right - it looks like the out-of-patent Assa thing, and identical to the 7 pin Biltema. They're lovely locks to pick and the pinning is mad by any standard. As said upthread, you're lucky to live in a part of the world where these locks are common.

Michael Maynard.
PacMandalore
UKLS Junior Member

Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:49 am

Wow what a friendly welcome, Cheers all! =)
I have been reading around a bit on the forums and before that i have watched many of your youtube videos, sure seems to be a nice and knowledgeable place.
I will continue to learn and later on try to find some friendly local locksmith and see if it's possible to buy some old locks for more practice and to share.

Didn't get the Habo tonight (will probably take a while ;) but got the little abus that eluded me before =)
Again.. Cheers all! =)
These users liked the author PacMandalore for the post:
MHM (Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:09 am)
Gordon W
VIP Member

Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:05 pm

Hello mate
You’ll find the forum really friendly and useful in adding to your skills and knowledge
12 months in and still learning every day.
You can find me here
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCybL7J ... XLkhzt7CRg
Or here
https://www.instagram.com/gordonwlocksport/