Ola

Rattle that keyboard a bit and say hi, introduce yourself or tell us why you're here. For new members this is your first port of call
micro
UKLS Junior Member
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 2 times

Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:55 pm

Hello all,

I first looked at picking around 5 or 6 years ago but decided it would take too much time away from my other obsession which was learning to fly 3D collective pitch heli's. I consider that challenge pretty well accomplished now and recently I felt the urge come back and bought some cheap picks, acrylic lock and had at it. It's certainly tricky at first but after trying half a dozen actual padlocks, disappointingly, I found they were a good level easier than my cheap acrylic lock - apart from the nasty gunked up one I found. Only a couple weeks deep into picking but it really was something I needed in my life and progress has been pleasing and mostly enjoyable.

I'm planning on buying a revolver and pining set pretty soon but also looking to experience other keyways and form factors but buying a £10 lock that last me less than 5 minutes got old really quick and would make it even more expensive than helis. That I certainly did not expect.

After a few hours reading through this forum I see mentioned noob pass around locks and wondered how I could possibly get in the que to be included in this list? Happy to attempt making videos of picking them should that be a requirement. Just point me in the right direction please.
Hoping it will stop me looking at padlocks on gates and doors and fantasizing about going to try it while everyone is sleeping.. Yeah, not good.

I live in Brighouse in the UK in case anyone lives close (Halifax, Huddersfield etc) and fancies meeting up for a skill swap. Teaching people to fly is something I seriously enjoy and would be more than happy to do so if you let me pick a few locks.

Peace and pineapples.
Liam
Gazz
VIP Member
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 4 times

Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:31 pm

Hi micro. :welc:

You're in the right place for all things locksport. welc :06: sing1
These users liked the author Gazz for the post:
micro (Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:11 pm)
Life is like a pubic hair on a toilet seat. Every once in a while, you get pissed off.
MHM
UKLS Team Member
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 5 times

Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:50 pm

Welcome to the group mate. Passarounds are definitely possible once you've been here a while, you'd need to build up a bit of a reputation as an ok bloke and not someone who's likely to get a load of locks and then not pass them on. Jump in, join in, and generally have fun.
These users liked the author MHM for the post:
micro (Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:11 pm)
"This is rubbing the overdose." - Tallans
"Your devotion will be rewarded with frozen drinks and sugar coated cornflakes after the revolution." - frosty68
"Using soy sauce will destroy a lock" - JWRM

Michael Maynard.
KeyMOE
VIP Member
Has liked: 0

Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:39 pm

:s_hi: and welc

Great to have you here, you’ve come to the right place to continue your Lockpicking journey. So many knowledgable and generous people on here. Post lots of pictures, ask lots of questions and get involved.

See you around,

KeyMOE
These users liked the author KeyMOE for the post:
micro (Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:10 pm)
He who fights with ASSA’s should be careful lest he thereby become an ASSA. And if thou gaze long into a keyway, the keyway will also gaze into thee." - Keytzsche
Gordon W
VIP Member

Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:42 am

Welcome mate
Whilst wait8ng to get on the list for the pass around sets, drop me an email with your address and I’ll pop a range of euros in the post to help you

Hopefully you’ve been checking out various YouTube channels and I’d recommend Lock Noob obviously...along with helpful lockpicker and Bosnian Bill
12 months in and still learning every day.
You can find me here
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCybL7J ... XLkhzt7CRg
Or here
https://www.instagram.com/gordonwlocksport/
micro
UKLS Junior Member

Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:10 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.
Indeed I have been glued to Bills challenge lock videos for weeks and came looking for a UK forum as I think i've watched them all. LPL and Locknoob also but not seen the helpful lockpicker vids as yet, will have a gander.
Working my way through the Lock photos and reference threads is golden, really juicy info and images in there filling in gaps of info I barely new existed. Very satisfying step up in details and pics.

Thank you for your kind offer Gordon, absolutely will do.
These users liked the author micro for the post:
MHM (Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:22 pm)
ucof
Administrator
Has liked: 1 time

Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:36 pm

Great to see you again, Liam :)
Much love to you.

Peace and Pineapples indeed!
These users liked the author ucof for the post:
micro (Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:54 am)
"a nice chap"
"a moron"
micro
UKLS Junior Member

Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:05 am

Wow. Must be 15 plus years since PiP right?
United Circles Of Fire?
These users liked the author micro for the post:
ucof (Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:46 pm)
Lock_Noob
UKLS Team Member
Been liked: 3 times

Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:55 pm

welc :s_hi:

Nice to meet you :) read the rules, check out some old posts and join in on the fun :)

:welc:
These users liked the author Lock_Noob for the post:
micro (Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:53 pm)